|1. What was, in your opinion, your single biggest achievement as a roadracer? Most memorable for me is my Grand Prix win in Barcelona in 1972 during my first season
2. If you compare racing then and now, what has changed and what is still the same? It was all more fun as one big family. Nowadays the salary is more important. Money has changed everything.
3. What was your favorite racing bike, favorite track and favorite public? Honda RS500, Assen and also the spectators in Assen.
4. As a boy, did you had a role model? Who was you racing hero if any? When i was 18 years old I had a Kreidler Florett. My hero was Bill Ivy.
5. Looking back, what was your biggest disappointment in racing? Monza 1973, the terrible crash during the 2nd lap.
6. Why are you attracted to classic parading? Because of my past as a GP Rider.
7. What was your all-time favorite racing bike then, and what classic racing bike now? Yamaha TZ350.
8. Do you have a special bond with Yamaha and why? In 1973 at the Yamaha headquarters in Amsterdam, I was a works rider together with Kent Anderson.
9. Why do you ride for the YCRT? My longtime friendly relationship with Ferry, the old bikes, the sound and the professional treatment of the bikes.
10. What’s your opinion about the future, and your role in it, of classic parading? I hope that I will be able to ride the bikes for a very long time, and that more and more spectators can enjoy these events.